On extremely rare occasions I post comments related to national politics on my www.pontevista.blogspot.com blog.
I do it on that blog because it has a 25 month-long history of posts and is read by more folks than my other blogs.
I originally considered putting the humor on this blog, but until now, I was reluctant.
This blog is actually the better blog to put issues and comments about politics because this blog deals with many different issues surrounding OUR community, including national politics.
I am going to place the political humor I posted on my other blog along with the comments to that portion of that post.
I will then add some further comments that may or may not be funny to folks.
Anyone and everyone is always welcome to submit their own post to all of my other blogs except "Caveman Dairy" which is my own brand of writing.
So here goes:
Sometimes I need to write some humor that isn't really part of the issues dealt with on my blogs.
Since my employment with ATT has been "terminated" effective on October 9, 2008 and the economy the way it is, I find humor is needed during some tough times to help us all carry on.
It is for many reasons that I include, on this post, some things I find funny that have nothing directly related to Ponte Vista.
"Joe the Plumber"
The gentleman's name is Samuel J. Wurzelbacher, yet John McCain think his name is pronounced "Joe Wurzelburger".
'Plumbers do not need a State license to work in Ohio, but they do need one in cities like Toledo, where 'Joe' claims he has worked for fifteen years.
'Joe' doesn't have a plumber's license or even a contractor's license for cities he claims he works in.
'Joe' doesn't like Senator Obama's tax plan and he has a tax lien against him to prove he doesn't like taxes.
'Joe' has never been listed as a plumbers' Union member and there is no record that he ever served an apprenticeship.
'Joe' claims he wants to buy a business that makes "$250,000-$280,000" per year, yet his income for 2006 was recorded to be approximately $40,000 for the entire year.
The business 'Joe' claims he wants to buy isn't worth anywhere near the figures he gave to Senator Obama.
'Joe' would most certainly benefit from the tax plan proposed by Senator Obama.
'Joe' claimed to be an Independent, although he is registered as a Republican.
And now for some more humor.
I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....
* If you grow up in Hawaii, raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic,different.'
* Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, a quintessential American story.* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.* Name your kids Bristol, Willow, Trig and Track, you're a maverick.
* Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.* Attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded.
* If you spend 3 years as a brilliant community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city council and 6years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.
* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.
* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
* If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.
* If your wife is a Harvard graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city community,then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
* If your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age 25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.
OK, much clearer now.
"I do wonder about Obama hanging around with his former bomber friend. I mean this guy bombed military installations. If civilians got hurt that was just "collateral damage." All of this to try to hasten the end of the Viet Nam war. Then he got caught and sent to prison for a few years. In spite of this bad beginning this fellow became a respectable citizen and even got involved in politics. Some say that this makes it OK for Obama to hang with him. By the way, his name is.................John McCain."
Here are the comments left (so far) on the Ponte Vista blog, to the post:
4 CommentsClose this window Jump to comment form
We have a great blog here. Let's try and keep the partisan politics out. I had an uncle who told me when I was young and growing up "Mellonhead,don't argue religion or politics with other people. All it does is cause trouble." Let's keep the focus on Mr. Bisno and his proposed folly.
speaking of, he's got a new video with a bunch of local flacks talking it up. check it out:
Good idea Mellonhead, no politics.But I can't help myself. All politicians suck. Their purpose in life it to distort truth and drive the public "perception" toward their side at ALL COST. Obama is one of them Mark. Don't fool yourself. His big ideas won't mean squat. He will get in and flounder like all the rest. Then the Republicans will be on the attack.And by the way, it doesn't matter who Joe the plummer is. The point is that Obama will take us ever so much closer to Socialism if he implements his plan. The prospect of working hard to become rich has driven innovation in this country from the beginning (Capitolism). Don't forget it. Name one Socialist society that even comes remotely close to the US in the area of innovation, technology and business development. It's okay to hate the rich, but let's face it, they are typically the ones who create job opportunities for the middle class(including union labor).P.S. - I hope your job situation gets better quick!
M Richards said...
Thanks mellonhead and anonymous.I think I will continue my comments and move your comments to www.sanpedroissuestoponder.blogspot.com.I think I have kept my feeling about national politics out of this blog for the vast majority of posts.MW
Now for some more comments from me:
'Joe' doesn't seem to like Social Security. If John likes Joe so much, perhaps he will try to work towards dismantling Social Security.
Democracy cannot truly be compared to Socialism because they are not that alike.
Capitalism can be compared to Socialism more effectively and their differences can be view against each other.
Democracy can be more effectively compared to dictatorship rule and their differences compared against each other.
Socialism and Capitalism are based on economic reasons and Democracy and dictatorship rule is more how people are governed.
Capitalism and Democracy do not necessarily work well together in the long run, as is being proved right now and back in the late 1920's and 1930's.
During both times, government has had to step in and attempt to fix misdeeds created by Capitalism.
The one major point controlling Capitalism is that capital must always continue to be created.
Democracy can be allowed to stand on its own without being spread to other countries for it to survive where it already works.
If for any reason, capital is being lowered or hindered in any way, the structure of Capitalism suffers.
Democracy seems to be able to stand up even when challenged by other types of governments.
As we can see all over the world Capitalism is being used to shore up dictatorships and especially in the Arab countries like Dubai, it seems to be working quite well.
When the Capitalism in a country attempting to use Democracy comes apart, it is not only the Capitalists that suffer, which they should, but also those who are in a Democracy.
I don't think it is fair or correct to try and compare Democracy to Socialism. They are too different to make fair differences.
The 'Democracy' practiced in the U.S.A. is certainly not pure Democracy in the first place and most of us know that.
It may be the very best way to govern citizens the world has ever seen, but when it comes under attack by Capitalism, it seems weak to try and help everyone recover.
I am not a "America, Love or Leave It" person. I am a "America, change it or lose it" person and I continue to fight for it so as to not lose it.
I think Capitalism had screwed Democracy-loving people far too much. I don't know how to fix it, it is above my pay grade.
I also think that someone who has stated on videotape that has been stored that he has voted 'with Bush over 90% of the time' certainly does not know what so many of us know about how life is really like in OUR community.
But I have an out! Since I am quite sure that Senator Obama will receive a landslide number of votes for President in the state I live in, I am free to cast my vote for someone else.
I support the idea that Senator Obama should garner the majority number of electoral college votes for President of the United States, that doesn't mean I need to vote for him.
There are other very important races to deal with in this upcoming election. Maybe we should deal more with them than the national races, other than with humor.