Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pondering the Approval

As expected and without objection by members of the Los Angeles Unified School District's Board of Education, South Region High School No. 15 (SRHS 15) was approved for construction on December 9, 2009.

There are still many issued that will need to be resolved before the specialized student population arrives for the first day of classes.

Neighborhoods Organized and Involved to Support Education will no doubt begin collecting funds for a defense fund and more information will be coming out about that.

My two concerns about having a new campus on the Upper Reservation of Fort MacArthur have not gone away, but I do realize that the new campus has just received a major step forward towards construction.

I was also provided a sad, but necessary set of observations that I was not being true to myself about. I guess I was hoping for more from our elected representatives than they are capable of providing. It now makes it much more clearer to me that going for elective office means you sacrifice your integrity at the door, in far too many cases.

I am giving this round to Dr. Vladovic, but the bout is nowhere from being over. He fought that round with only a few low blows being thrown by him, so I thank him for that.

No comments: